This knowledge illustrates an explanation to the Windows Hosting professionals how to remove or modify arrow icon shown for Shortcuts in Windows Vista. Find below the first method to execute the process.
- Download blank_icon.zip and extract the file blank.ico to a folder of your choice.
- Click Start, type regedit.exe and press ENTER
- Navigate through:
- In the right pane, create a new String value (REG_SZ) named 29
- Double-click 29 and set its Value data as C:\Icons\blank.ico
- Close Regedit.exe and restart Windows
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE ->Microsoft -> Windows ->CurrentVersion-> explorer -> Shell Icons