Many a times, a user needs elevated command prompt to perform several administrative tasks from command prompt. There are various positions where need for the elevated command prompt arise. Let’s find some primary methods to execute the task.
Method 1: Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
- Click Start and type cmd.exe
- On Instant search results right-click the cmd.exe entry and choose Run as administrator.
- If using keyboard, select the cmd.exe in the Instant search results
- Press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER on the keyboard.
- CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER runs a program elevated
- Create a new desktop shortcut to CMD.EXE
- Right-click on the shortcut and select Run as administrator
- Right-click the Command Prompt shortcut and choose Properties to run the shortcut as an administrator by default
- Now Click Ok