Many a times users find that standby option isn’t available in shut down dialog box. Find below the steps to rectify the issue.
- Click Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> double-click the Systems icon and click the Device Manager tab.
- Click the + next to System Devices and verify that Advanced Power Management Support is present.
- If this entry is present, highlight it and click remove and reboot the computer.
- If this entry is not present, follow the below steps:
- Click Start / Settings / Control Panel / double-click the Add New hardware icon.
Follow the steps allowing Windows to install new hardware.
- If the above steps have been completed successfully, verify if this resolved your issue.
- Click Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> double-click the System icon
- Click the Device Manager tab.
- Click the + on Floppy disk controllers and highlight the Standard Floppy Disk Controller listed beneath it.
- Once highlighted, click the Remove button and restart the computer to reinstall the Floppy Disk Controller.
- Once steps four and five have been completed successfully, verify if this resolved your issue.
- Enter CMOS Setup and verify if your Power Management is enabled.
- If Disabled set the option to Enabled.