On the Windows platform, application loading can be done using Windows Services. The below illustrated steps assume that you’ve installed the Tomcat to the default installation location.
Follow the below listed steps to install the Tomcat
- Shut down any instance of Tomcat if it’s running.
- Download JavaService.zip from the URL below, and unzip to c:\java\setup (creates JavaService subdirectory).
- In c:\java\setup\JavaService\bin, double-click installTomcat4.1.30.bat (modify this file if you’ve installed to a different directory)
- Open the Windows services dialog box.
Click Start go to Settings then choose Control Panel and select Services from Administrative Tools
Verify that you now have a “Tomcat_4.1.30” service.
- Right-click on it and select Properties.
- Under Startup Type, select “Automatic” from the drop down if it is not selected already.
- Click OK to close the dialog.
- Click the start icon (right-pointing triangle) to start Tomcat up.