This knowledge base will tell Windows Hosting professionals how to hide the Delete command from the context menu of the Recycle Bin. This is probably a counter-measure to prevent some accidental deletion of the Recycle bin icon from the Desktop in Windows Vista. The Delete command can’t be deleted from the menu but only removed. To hide the delete button and replace it with the Search, Window Hosting people experts has some steps to go.
- Download the file Vista_recyclebin_hidedelete.reg
- Save the file to your Desktop
- Right-click on the file and choose Merge
- If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation
- Click Yes to continue
- After applying the REG file, the Recycle bin context menu will appear.