Below listed are the steps used to create a new zone on the DNS server:
- Click start, choose Administrative tools and click DNS to open DNS Snap-in
- In the left pane Click the DNS Server object for your server
- Expand the sever object to expand the tree
- Right-click forward look-up zones and Click new zone
- Starts a New Zone wizard, click Next to continue
- Click primary zone. [It will create a master copy of the new zone]
- Click Next
- Appears a name box. Type the name of the zone in the box. Click Next.
- Accept the default file name for the new zone file. Click Next.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
The new zone is listed under Forward Look-up Zones in the DNS tree.