A number of configuration directories are available for the administrators during the installation process.
below are the directories
- Contains the startup and shutdown scripts for both Windows and Linux.
- Contains the main configuration files for Tomcat. The two most important are the server.xml and the global web.xml
- Contains the Tomcat Java Archive files
- Contains Java Archive files that Tomcat is dependent upon
- Contains Tomcat’s log files.
- Contains the source code used by the Tomcat server
- All web applications (including yours) are deployed in this directory; it contain the WAR file.
- This is the directory in which Tomcat will place all servlets that are generated from JSPs.