Usually Tomcat’s server configuration is recommended and performed by the contents of the server.xml file. This file is available in Tomcat’s conf directory. This file includes the operating parameters for the modules. Web Hosting Professionals go through the default server.xml file that contains the following configurations.
- LoaderInterceptor11: The module constructs and sets the classloader for each context
- TrustedLoader: This module provides special handling for “trusted” contexts
- LogSetter: Sets up Tomcat’s log output channel
- LogEvents: If enabled, logs when module methods are called
- ContextXmlReader: It Reads context definitions from the server.xml file for backwards compatibility