On the Tomcat server, Axis can run as a servlet. If Axis is nor added in the Tomcat, download the latest version of Axis. Now execute the following steps in order to install and ass Axis to the Tomcat.
- Unarchive the Axis distribution.
- Copy all the files under the webapps/axis directory of the Axis distribution to the axis directory of this article’s code distribution.
- You can use the makewar.bat batch file, found in the axis directory, to create an axis.war file that can be deployed to Tomcat as a Web application.
Before Axis will run properly on Tomcat, you might need to download some additional JAR files over the Internet and place them into the WEB-INF/lib directory . If you’re using Axis 1.2.1, you need to download the following.
- activation.jar from http://java.sun.com/products/javabeans/glasgow/jaf.html
- xmlsec-1.2.1.jar from http://xml.apache.org/security/
- mail.jar from http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/