Circumstances occur when a user finds it unable to connect to the Plesk control panel and an exception window pops up like below:
get_config_string failed: PRODUCT_DATA_D: The system cannot find the file specified. (Error code 2) at Unable to connect to pipe \\.\pipe\psapipe
This problem could be occurred if the Plesk services have lost their connection to the Plesk database.
Below are the steps use to fix this error:
- Login to your server with Remote Desktop
- Open the system tray Plesk icon
- Select the Plesk Run-Time checkboxes
- Select the SQL Server boxes
- Uncheck all other checkboxes
- Click the Restart button.
This will fix the bug and allow the Plesk database connection to communicate.