While using Plesk, you can create and publish websites via a number of innovative methods including Sitebuilder and FTP. These unique mechanism of website building and uploading is becoming more and more popular among the users of plesk. Below listed are the steps to create and publish websites via Sitebuilder and FTP.
To creating a Web site using Sitebuilder
- Go to Domains, select domain name, select Edit in Sitebuilder.
- The Sitebuilder wizard opens.
- Select the Create your site option and click Next at the bottom of the screen.
To publish Web site through FTP
- Connect to the server with an FTP client program, using FTP account credentials that you specified during setup of hosting account or obtained from your provider.
- Enable the passive mode if you are behind a firewall.
- Upload files and directories that should be accessible through HTTP protocol to the httpdocs directory, and files/directories that should be transferred securely over SSL protocol to the httpsdocs directory.
- Place your CGI scripts into the cgi-bin directory.
- Close your FTP session.