The Plesk control panel that you use acts in the close coordination with BIND DNS server. DNS server enables you to run DNS service on the machine that hosts your Web sites. The moment a new domain name is added to the control panel, a zone file is automatically generated with the server-wide DNS zone template.
To view the default records in the server-wide DNS template:
- Click the Server shortcut in the navigation pane
- Click the DNS icon in the Services group. All resource record templates will be displayed.
- The < ip > and
templates are automatically replaced in the generated zone with real IP addresses and domain names.
To add a new resource record to the server-wide DNS template:
- Click the Server shortcut in the navigation pane.
- Click the DNS icon in the Services group.
- Click the Add New Record icon in the Tools group.
- Select the resource record type and specify the record properties as desired.
- Click OK.