A Linux Hosting India administrator use a number highly useful commands to execute the file handling processes. ‘wc’ command is also used to perform a number of specific file functions in Linux hosting. Find below the syntax of this command.
- $ wc[options] filename: Gives the number of lines, words and characters in a file called filename
- wc –l filename : Gives the number of lines
- wc –w filename : Gives the number of words
- wc –c filename : Gives the number of characters
- Sort: It prints the lines of the file in sorted order.
Syntax: $ sort filename