For the Linux Hosting professionals, the ‘shell’ is known as a unique and multi- faceted program. This is most likely a command interpreter and a programming language in built. In the practices, various type of shells are available.
- Bourne Shell (sh), C Shell (csh or tcsh) and Korn Shell (ksh) The commonly used shells
- The first shell is Bourne Shell (sh)
- These shells perform their own built in functions
- Through the shell only a user interacts with the kernel
- CTRL+D is used to start and stop the shell